Links I’m Loving
I haven’t given much thought to wedding jewelry (besides the ring of course!) but these bracelets have got me thinking!
I have to say, for being a kind of anti-bride, I’m really excited about the Royal Wedding! But it perplexes me that all the big wedding bloggers and a lot of the wedding industry just hates on the Royal Wedding on Twitter! But, here’s a great post about why the Royal Wedding Matters!
In order to make wedding-direction signs like the one pictured in this post (third picture down), I scored some free “rustic” looking wood by taking some wooden pallets that were next to a dumpster! Now all we have to do is disassemble them and paint lettering!
LOVE these ideas for photo booth walls and backdrops!
This is a great post detailing the trend from very formal, elegant weddings, to more homemade, personal touch weddings (and now back again?)
So, I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this like ten times already, but I’m really torn about what to do about wearing my glasses on our wedding day. I wear them all day every day, and am really, really blind without them, but I can wear contacts on occasion (like if I’m going swimming). So, I’m not sure what to do.
I just scored two awesome cake stands at a nearby thrift store. Grand total, $14 for both. Much better than the $40 ones I’ve seen on eBay and Etsy.
I really like these card box ideas. I need to come up with something creative, although I do really like the vintage suitcase!
I’ve only heard about this trend of not inviting “Plus One’s” recently. A former coworker of mine was the first I ever heard say that she was invited to a wedding and she couldn’t bring a guest.
I’ve been considering making my own bouquet recently too. This is a great tutorial. But my question is, do you buy the flowers the day of the wedding, or the day before?
What an amazing wedding invitation! My fiancé and I are both photo enthusiasts, so this is great!
Wedding Fitness Goal Progress
Since my post earlier this week, I have felt amazingly motivated and have avoided indulgence, even when hungry and/or tired! I’m going to revamp my DIY wedding fitness plan, so I’ll update you all soon!
April Wedding Planning Goal Progress
(as part of our Wedding Planning Timeline)
- Develop potential wedding songs and playlists – In progress. I’ve been collecting links of wedding playlists, and my fiancé found an awesome first song for us last week! We took the music to our dance lesson on Tuesday and started practicing to it!
- Start wedding dress shopping – In progress. My first appointment was yesterday. More on that later!
- Interview DJ’s – In progress. We’ve identified two that sound promising. All the rest we’ve interviewed suck.
- Have engagement photo shoot – In progress. Scheduled for May 6.
- Research cake bakeries – In progress. I’m taking a new approach to this. Rather than scheduling free cake tastings and having to tell the bakery that the cake is for a wedding (which runs at least $3.50 a slice), I am now going to the bakeries, paying for cupcakes or individual cakes, and doing my own tasting, that way I don’t have to tell them the cake is for a wedding. I can just order a regular old cake, which, when you do the math, comes to $1.46/slice. Just did that yesterday. The cupcakes were delish!
Finances and Administrative
Check out our Wedding Expense Tracking Spreadsheet for a list of all our expenses to-date.
- Wedding Related Expenses This Week: $69.96 (thrift store finds, cake tasting on the sly, test prints of Save-The-Date cards, and some decor from online sellers).
- Total Wedding Related Expenses (all time): $1188.79
- Total budgeted Difference (we have a $15,000 budget): $13,811.21
- Estimated Hours Spent on Wedding Planning (not including blogging) This Week: 6 hours (mostly searching for decor online)