Links I’m loving
I think that postcard invites or save-the-dates are an excellent way to save money on paper and postage.
I too have long hair and am always frustrated by stylists that try to convince me to cut it. (And no, I don’t want to donate it either). I think that having long hair will give me many more options when deciding on what hairstyle to wear on our wedding day
Living in the DC area, I must say that I LOVE these escort cards ideas!
I am torn about wedding cake options. I think would just like to ask my fiancé’s Aunt to make her amazing cupcakes. But what do you think, do we still need a regular old cake? Nothing fancy like the layers shown here. Just plain old chocolate or vanilla cake
Matrimony Monday? I haven’t heard that one before, but based on the number of folks on my facebook feed that announced engagements over the holidays, I’m not surprised! Love this quote from the $2000 Bride
The Wedding Industrial Complex is a dangerous cultural entity that has the power to distract us from the significance and importance of planning a major life event. In my mind, it’s a zero-sum game: The more time we spend thinking about the calligraphy and the custom monogram and the metallic color palette, the less time we have to think about how to strengthen our partnerships, to reflect on the enormity of the commitment we are about to make, and to maintain all the aspects of our lives that are totally unrelated to our weddings.
Wedding Fitness Goal Progress
I lost 2.8 pounds this week, for a total of, well, 2.8 pounds. Cumulative weight loss calculations to start next week! I worked out most days this past week.
- Thursday January 6: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
- Friday January 7: Yoga for Weight Loss. Seriously, I suck at yoga. I may revisit my workout plan.
- Saturday January 8: 30 Day Shred (Level 2). Was running late for an appointment and didn’t have time for whole BFBM
- Sunday January 9: Rest
- Monday January 10: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
- Tuesday January 11: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
- Wednesday January 12: More Yoga. Once again, it barely felt like a workout
- Thursday January 13: Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
January Wedding Planning Goal Progress
- Interview Wedding Photographers – (e-mailed several more photogs, We had a phone interview with one, and I have to follow up with the others that have e-mailed me back)
- Make Wedding Photographer Decision – Currently Interviewing
- Compile Addresses for Invitations – Not Started
- Firm up budget calculations – Not Started
- Develop wedding planning timeline – Not Started
Shit I’m not going to worry about for my wedding
There are some things that I come across in the wedding blogosphere that just make me go “hmmm, no wonder why brides stress themselves out so much over their wedding.” In other words, things that seem to take too much time compared to the benefit.
I do not believe that a bride needs two dresses for her wedding day, regardless of how grand her budget is!
No, you do not need a $40 notebook to keep as a bridal diary.
OMG. A bridesmaid online newsletter? WTF. And whereTF do people get time to do this?
Finances and Administrative
Wedding Related Expenses This Week: $0.00
Total Wedding Related Expenses (all time): $106.50 on magazine subscriptions and planning books
Total Budgeted Difference (we have a $15,000 budget): $14893.50
Estimated Hours Spent on Wedding Planning (not including blogging) This Week: 10 hours (mostly researching photographers and more information about our new venue)