After last week’s analysis of why I’m not losing weight, I’ve decided to revamp my workout plan. Several months ago, I had put a lot of time, effort, and thought into a workout plan that would take me right up to the point of the wedding. In my mind, it was a progressive method, easing me into harder and harder workouts, putting me in great shape just in time for the wedding.
Well, since starting the plan, it has worked on and off since then. Here’s my problem. Boredom. Even though things like Insanity and P90X consist of different workouts, I am tired of looking at the same people every day all day for a month or more at a time.
So, I’m going to allow myself a lot more flexibility. Working out to whatever DVD I want to.
Workouts I Own and/or Have Done in the Past
- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred – Perfect for Days I am short on time. Packs a huge punch in just over 20 minutes.
- Just Dance 2 – I bought this recently in the hopes that it will allow me to get more comfortable with just normal types of dancing, as opposed to the formal ballroom dance lessons we’re taking. I’ve also heard it’s a great workout.
- Insanity – This is an amazing cardio workout that I did during the month of March, but I find it kind of monotonous. I’ll do it on days that I want to jack up my cardio.
- Running – Two years ago, I completed the couch to 5k program and ran my first 5k! My time was 44:00 minutes. Laughable, I know. And I’ve wanted to improve my speed, but I always felt like workout DVD’s were giving me a better cardio workout. But there is a small part of me that just wants to get outside and RUN sometimes! Especially on nice days So, with the new flexibility, when I feel like running, dammit I’ll run!
- Other Jillian Michaels DVDs, including Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones, both of which are GREAT workouts.
- P90X – I did about a month’s worth of P90x last summer. It was a great workout, but my issue with them is that they’re just SO LONG. Not from a standpoint of I can’t workout that long, but from the standpoint of “I have other shit to do!”
- Body Part Focus Exercises – Not sure how to categorize this, but I have a few DVDs that are just 10 minutes each and focus on Abs, Arms, Legs, etc. This would be another good option for when I’m short on time, or just feeling particularly BLAH in a certain area.
Some other DVDs I’m considering purchasing
- Physique 57 – This is the workout that a lot of celebrities supposedly do (Kelly Ripa is a big proponent of this workout). Has anyone tried them? Is it a good workout?
- Brazil Butt Lift.
- I can also join my gym at work for $22/month. I’ve been thinking about doing this so that I can squeeze in workouts during lunch on days that I know I’ll be busy in the evenings.
I think I may also want to try and do a 20 minute workout in the mornings. I’ve tried this in the past. It always fails. Miserably.